EPIC's Ariana Cover Art Competition is now closed for entries.
Please read the rules carefully before entering. Consult the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information before sending questions to the Competitions Chair. Get your questions answered before you complete the form. Changes will not be made once your entry has been completed.
Click on the icon in the upper right under the title if you wish to print this page.
Entry and Eligibility
Entries will be accepted from June 1, 2017 tthrough July 31, 2017.
The entry fee is $10.00 per cover.
- Payments will be made electronically through PayPal. It is not required that you have a PayPal account to pay for entries. Look for the link on the payment page below the login fields. Be aware that eChecks may take up to five days to clear.
- Once payment has cleared, an acknowledgment of receipt of payment and a link to the upload form will be sent to the Contact email address. This email will also include a PayPal transaction id. You will need this to upload your entry.
- There will be no extensions. Take this into consideration as entries which have not been paid, at close of the competition, will be disqualified.
To be eligible, entries must be:
- original art created for the book.
- for a book published in electronic format and available for sale to the public between June 1, 2016 and May 31, 2017. Publication dates are required and will be verified.
- Cover art for reprinted/re-released books is eligible provided the reprint/re-release of the book occurred during the eligibility period.
- Self-published works are eligible.
The entry file must be:
- in .jpg or .jpeg format, 200 x 300 pixels.
- named correctly. The filename format is category-title, for example: K-MyDogOzzy. The categories are listed below. For help on renaming your files, refer to the FAQs.
- entered in only one category. There is no limit to the number of qualifying covers that may be entered by each entrant. Once a cover is accepted into the competition, it cannot be withdrawn.
If anyone other than the artist enters on the artist's behalf, he/she must:
- obtain the artist's permission before entry.
- complete a separate entry form for each artist being entered.
Any of the following will result in disqualification without notification or refund:
- Non-compliance with the rules
- Improperly named files
- Soliciting votes for entered covers.
Please review the categories carefully. The left column contains the codes to use when naming the entry file. Hints on selecting your category are in the Ariana FAQs.
At the discretion of the Competition Committee, categories not meeting the minimum number of entries may be canceled and entry fees refunded.
Click here for the entry form.
Direct your questions about these rules or entries to the Competitions Chair.
We look forward to your entries!